GST Registration for Service Provider
Many service providers think that they will not need GST to provide their services. The fact is that it is compulsory to have gst registration for service provider. Different types of service providers have different rules to follow about the registration process. We at Texa Corp can assess your profile and apply for GST registration based on the rules and process that apply to you.
The Goods and Services Tax (GST) was implemented on the 1st of July, 2017. The 23rd GST Council Meeting has specifically simplified the guidelines for gst registration for service provider. Still, you will find it to be a complex process if you handle it yourself. Our experienced tax consultants and experts can make the process much simpler and quicker for you.
If you meet the following requirements, it is compulsory that you should get gst registration for service provider:
If you are a service provider and your annual turnover is more than Rs. 20 lakh, you must apply for GST registration. However, some states have this threshold lowered to Rs. 10 lakh.
Typically, business entities engaged in supply of goods across states must register under GST without concern for their annual turnover. However, there is a special exception for service providers in this regard. You should apply for gst registration for service provider only if you meet the above-mentioned turnover threshold. So even if you are engaged in interstate supply, if your turnover is not more than 20 lakhs or 10 lakhs in special category states, you will not have to register under GST. Interestingly, you are given this exemption even if your services are provided through an e-commerce operator.
Mandatory GST Registration
In the above-mentioned scenarios, a service provider is required to register under GST only if they meet the minimum turnover threshold. However, there are some scenarioswhere it is mandatory to register. If you fall under the following categories of service providers, you must apply for GST registration.
- OIDAR service provider
- Non-residenttaxable person that supplies services to Indian residents
- E-commerce operator
- A casual taxable person
When to Apply for GST Registration?
- If you are starting a new service business, you must apply for gst registration for service provider within 30 days of starting your business.
- If you are a service provider who has service tax registration, you must transfer it to GST registration.
- If you fall under the category of non-resident or casual taxable person, you should register under GST 5 days before starting your business.
You will need the following documents for gst registration for service provider:
- A valid PAN
- Email address
- Mobile number (from within India)
- Bank account details
- Details of place of business
- A proprietor, director, partner, karta, or trustee and their PAN
- Authorized signatory (Indian resident)
What is the Process of GST Registration?
We will take the following steps on your behalf:
- Log into the GST website and get the provisional ID and password
- Log in using the provisional ID and password
- Enter details including email address and mobile number
- Enter the OTP received in the email and mobile number
- Creating the desired username and password
We at Texa Corp can handle all aspects of the gst registration for service providerto make it simple for you.Feel free to contact us today if you want to apply for new GST registration or transfer your existing tax registration to GST registration.